Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Anmore Tour - L3

Sunday showed how the my training for the last few months limited my ability to attack in Rozd Races (as opposed to helping attack in Track races.)...


We've had some of the most abnormal and abysmal weather for several decades... So I've got lots of time in at the track and am doing fairly well there... but I've got little time out side doing long road race type distances and efforts... and it shows..

Last year with a broken collarbone, I managed to be in better "road race" shape for the start of spring series... Mainly because I could only do Computrainer and outside rides, and the weather was better and I could get more time outsde...

Anyway... lots of excuses... :-)

Today, did manage to get out and put in some solid L3, almost SST type work on my "favourite" workout, Anmore Tour... My best time to the mid-point (Buntzen Power Plant) is about 58 minutes... and I was only three minutes off that today. And best time is summer temperatures (i.e. 18-20C)  and today was about 5-6.C.. And wet (I'm much slower on the downhill portions when wet, no reason to crash when training...) So actually not to bad ...

But I'll need to put in more time doing this before it will show up as better results in actual Road Races. But you can't say I'm not trying...

This weekend will be interesting...
  • Friday night - final BVC series, need 2  first or second places to get back into 1st overall
  • Saturday - Zero Ave - 232nd Ave course - My absolute favourite lower mainland road race course (with Bradner as a very close second)
  • Sunday - Armstrong Hill - my worst (or tied for worst, Atomic course as bad) lower mainlaind road race course
And at this point weather forecast is for rain... but no snow.. so I guess that is slightly better than last Sunday, maybe :-(

And Escape Velocity clothing orders arrived last week so I might actually have enough kit to race two days in the rain without having to run things though the washing machine on Saturday night. Which given my normal semi-comatose state after a hard road race ..........


0 comments: