Sunday, March 8, 2009

Ford Road - Character Building Ride




Cold, wet, snow, and that was just in the first ten minutes... 

Ended up with the usual frozen toes... I think the water gets in through the cleat holes in the base of the shoes.

Still managed to finish just about the normal circuit... although I skipped going over the top of Westwood on the way back ... 




I did go halfway up Westwood, but I didn't want to tempt the weather guards by going to the top. Close enough to a blizzard where I was. And I know from previous experience that the extra 150M of elevation makes a big difference in the micro-climatic conditions.



Because I missed the extra climbing up Westwood, I dropped down Lansdown and back up Honeysuckle to make up for it. Also the extra loop up Hawthorne before doing Cliffwood at the top of Heritage Mtn. This is almost as high as Westwood, but seems to be slightly better protected.



2 comments:

Rich Gift Of Lins said...

Have you tried waterproof socks? They work well for me. I feel cold just looking at those pictures!

Seby said...

I can't believe this weather!

One thing I do to keep the feet warm and dry is to put a shopping bag over the shoes under the shoe covers. Stops the wind and keeps moisture out. Dosen't really effect the cleat.