Sunday, March 30, 2008

EV Spring Series - River Road TT 1st C Group


Late afternoon start (4:00PM). Weather started to co-operate a bit. Sunny almost, but with a brisk 20km wind from the west. So the outbound leg was fast and the return was slow.

Managed about 45kph out, but only 38 back.


This apparently got me a first in the C group. But I'll know more when the results get posted.

The best times for the day (A group and B group) where (again subject to seeing what gets posted) from 15:00 to 15:30.


The weekend was setup as a stage race. So my final results of 8th, 7th and 1st(?) may have got me a 2nd or 3rd overall. I'll post full results when available.

Overall this capped a good week training wise. CTL is over 80 (two months earlier than last year) and overall I feel fairly strong on the road racing side. The TT time was a bit slow, but that is probably because it was the last of the three stage races. With the Saturday race being a bit of a killer for me with the Snake climb.

Next weekend is the first BCMCA race at Lake Cowichan on Vancouver Island. I'll be attending unless the weather forecast indicates foul weather ($200 for ferry and 3 hours each way with driving is not worth it for 90 minutes of racing in rain....)

0 comments: