Friday, July 20, 2007

Anmore Tour plus anaerobic hill reps

Soggy day again, feels like a Vancouver March or April. so went out a little slower than normal. Compensated by doing a few extra anaerobic intervals at the end push TSS up another 20 points to 160.

The anaerobic hill reps are starting to feel a little better. Can now do 550 plus for 30 seconds without feeling like falling off the bike. This gets me out of untrained and into cat 5 territory for 1 minute power... I'm trying to extend this power level (550 watts) out to one minute which will get me into cat 4 levels for one minute.

That in turn may keep me from getting dropped on mid-range (1k 5%) type climbs when racing. The younger guys tend to power up those at about 400-500 watts. And I can't quite hang on.

I have less trouble over longer climbs (especially low grade 3-4%) that can't be climbed in under 2-3 minutes. But it seems that most of the local races have lots of short snappy hills. And not very many longer ones. So I need to work on that power range.

0 comments: