Sunday, July 29, 2007

Oh my aching legs

Obviously did more than usual amount of anaerobic work yesterday.

My legs are aching all over today. Have not felt this bad in the last six months or so... :-(

TSS points at 30 minutes was about 60... So I was pushing fairly hard for the first two laps.

Tomorrow or Tuesday I'll be trying a 40K TT on Neaves Road to see if I can establish a reasonable pace for the BC Championship TT in two weeks. I've done lots of short 8-10K TT's. but they require a much harder pace than the 38K that we do on the Squamish course.

So I plan on doing a preliminary 40K on Neaves this week. Then on the weekend I'll do a pre-ride at that pace on the Squamish course. Hopefully that will give me a good idea what power output I can expect to maintain on race day.

I'm thinking that 320 watts on the outbound should be about right. Then if things go well to go up to about 325 for the return trip.

My goal is to take at least two minutes off of last years 54:45 time. Get down to 52 minutes.

0 comments: